Hey hey hey again!! It’s truly been a while but life and just feeling a creative block have kept me from writing but it’s good to be back and sharing again. While I won’t be… More
Hey ya’ll! Whew when I say this year flew in and flew out, it really did! I can’t believe we are a mere few days from a new year and decade! I’m super excited! With the end of one year and decade and standing on the cusp of the next, it’s often a time we use for reflection and intention setting but often times we use this time to ponder on loss or regret. While those are normal human emotions and reactions, our past is a wonderful tapestry on the quilt of the fabric of our lives we are weaving daily, that propels us to the next moment, and ultimately our destiny. Let’s dig a little bit deeper and really delve into why our past is purposeful for our path and how we can use it to be powerful in the present and fearless facing the future.
When evaluating the past (speaking from personal experience) it’s easy to deeply romanticize our past based off our current vantage point or to examine all the ways that life would be different if different decision or set of decisions were made. While introspection and reflection are useful and beautiful tools, it’s often wasteful to continue ruminating on things that ultimately cannot be changed without planning intentionally and thoughtfully on how the effects of those decisions can STILL BE USED to craft a purposeful, beautiful, and powerful life in the present and future. Also consider the wisdom and perspective you’ve gained are amazing tools, to not only assist you on your journey, but to empower and impact others.
Often life’s most profound and greatest lessons are found in what I like to believe are the trial and trust ( trial and error is programming stating that there is a right or wrong way to get through life or life’s journey with a desired outcome) process. I say trial and trust because when something is tried it either reveals that is something that’s for you or not for you and there is beauty in that. The path to your most divinely aligned life is all about trusting your own process and learning to be intuitive to listen to your own voice and desires that assists you in crafting that vision that is perfectly aligned even if the road has its twists and turns and different expected outcomes.
The beautiful part of a journey isn’t the destination, it’s the wholeness of who you become by the time you get there and tools, wisdom, and insight you obtain to sustain the continuous path to greatness. Also, consider that every moment is carefully crafted (both pleasurable and not so pleasurable) and paves the way for your next step and often even the steps that lead into the steps after that. When I examine my own life and my life trajectory even up to this very moment, I realize that there has not been a SINGLE step or place in time (even when I couldn’t fathom the great unfolding) that has been wasted by God and the Universe to shape me into the person I am today, and where I am headed in the future. I am constantly reminded everywhere I look that in time God makes everything beautiful and that’s not just a cliche saying it’s reality.
Consider the ghosts of your past as gifts to your present and future, and don’t allow them to haunt you. Instead make peace with them and allow them to be what inspires you in your future and gives you power in your present. Don’t stay stuck in your past unable to move ahead. Look back at the past only as a reminder of how far you’ve grown and with gratitude and hope of what lies ahead. Be thankful that you’re not the same and for the wisdom and gifts you’ve gained to share with others who might benefit from your change.
Yes, you faced some challenges in your past. But are you really going to allow your past to rob you of your power or will you stand and own your power in the present, moment by moment until it leads to your desired future? Let go of regret and see your past as the opportunity to consistently press reset on a version of yourself and your life that doesn’t serve you in your present or future reality. See the purpose in your past, allow it to propel you with grace and confidence into your present, and live fruitfully and abundantly in your future.
Are there things you still hold onto from your past? Do you feel blocked because of your past? What would serve you well to let go of? What are some things you’ve overcome from your past that are helpful or beneficial to you currently and as you make preparations for the future? Let me know in the comments! I truly can’t say enough that I love and appreciate the support and I love hearing from you guys!
Hey Guys! I really cannot believe that the year is almost over. It’s literally almost 2020! Whew! Thank you again to each and every amazing person who likes, shares, or subscribes to my blog, the love and support is greatly appreciated. Anyone who knows me knows that I truly am a Disney fanatic and I’ve had several friends and loved ones reach out to me regarding planning their perfect and most memorable trip to Walt Disney World, that I decided to do a blog about it. I truly hope that this is both helpful and informative to any and every person that reads and can assist you in creating long lasting memories at the most magical and wonderful place on Earth! Let’s get started!
- Best time of year to go: The peak times of year with the highest amount of traffic is going to be during your summer months (May- mid September) Also, surprisingly I found out even on the holidays as some people after eating Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner or on New Years Day like to go with family members to have a little fun and get out the house. Magic Kingdom will always have the highest volume of visitors so if you’re planning on having a multiple day, multiple park visit get there as close to opening time as you can to maximize your time spent and be able to see more attractions. Epcot is traditionally the busiest during festival times (Food and Wine Fest, Flower and Garden Festival, Festival of the Arts, and Festival of the Holidays) Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios tend to have the more moderate traffic but with the addition of Pandora in Animal Kingdom, and Toy Story Land and the Star Wars theme in various areas around Hollywood Studios tends to collect larger traffic patterns so keep that in mind as well when you you make your visit accommodations.
- Should I stay on site or off site? : This all depends on whether you’re planning to rent a vehicle, your budget for planning the trip, and the proximity of your hotel/ lodging/resort locations to the parks. If your budget is slightly more liberal, and you want to maximize time and efficiency at the parks, often staying on site offers amenities/benefits such as access to Disney transportation or shuttles that will assist you in getting to the parks. In addition, during certain dates and times of the year the parks host Extra Magic Hours that are available to guest of Disney resorts to be able to enjoy the park for either one hour prior to opening or closing. Check https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ for additional information regarding qualifying resorts and dates. If you elect to stay off site check with the hotel/resort you’re arranging your accommodations through, to see if they are a Good Neighbor hotel and offer complimentary shuttles to the parks or have scheduled pickups via Disney transportation. Also, factor in travel time to and from parks when planning your days out as well.
- Can I skip the line? What is a Fastpass?: Fastpasses enable you to skip the line for a desired attraction on a given day. You are able to get up to 3 Fastpasses per day and Fastpasses are available up to 30 days with the purchase and linking of your admission ticket and 60 days in advance if you elect to stay on a Disney property. You will definitely want to use these for the more popular attractions (more on this later) to help you save time and maximize your experience. Check out https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fastpass-plus/ for more information on Fastpasses and how to link to your ticket and/or Magicband. Fastpasses are your friend and can save you anywhere from 45 min to up to 2 and 1/2 hours standing in line for more popular attractions.
THE GOOD STUFF
- Parks: People often ask me my favorite park and that’s a hard question because I love all of them for different reasons. Let’s start with where the MAGIC began, with Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom: Magic Kingdom is a place that will never get old because it transports you back to the time when you were a kid and saw your first favorite Disney movie. It also reminds you of when you were introduced to the world’s two most favorite and adorable mice: Mickey and Minnie of course! Many of your favorite storybook classics will be found here with the iconic Cinderella’s castle, opportunity to meet Cinderella herself, amongst other Disney princesses (Snow White, Rapunzel, Tiana, Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, just to name a few) ride the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain and so much more! If you’re bringing your kiddos along, you also can take advantage of making your little prince or princess feel royal for a day by purchasing a package through the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique located in Magic Kingdom where there are turned into a literal prince or princess for a day! There is also an additional location located inside Disney Springs if you are not able to get a booking through Magic Kingdom. Top 5 fave attractions at Magic Kingdom? While I’m a huge fan of the parades and character picture spots my top 5 attractions that are my personal fave are: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train( definitely a must ride and recommended Fastpass option) It’s A Small World, Haunted Mansion, Mad Tea Party, and Space Mountain. I also love just strolling down Main Street USA getting lost in the luster of it all.. takes me to another land… Speaking of other lands…… lets head to….
- Epcot: To me, when Epcot was created it was created for adults with serious wanderlust and a desire to be like Peter Pan, and never grow old in mind. I love the festivals here, some of the best food is here, and it’s a great place to learn about different countries, cultures, and ways of living. In addition to being able to immerse yourself in the customs of various countries (Epcot is literally a big circle centered by Spaceship Earth) you become strongly entrenched in the idea of being a global citizen, as at the welcome gate you are able to grab passports and complete activities of tasting food and drinks from around the world as you journey through World Showcase. As a foodie, I literally flip every time just thinking of what new creations might be in store for me next. Top 5 Fave attractions at Epcot?: Spaceship Earth, Soarin Around the World, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Frozen Ever After, and Journey into Imagination with Figment. There are also character picture spots and well as great photo opps throughout Epcot (the landscape at Epcot is beautiful year round) and much more! Epcot is literally a place that is designed for exploring as I see something new every time I return so there’s a little something for every member of the family. Another park that features a little of everything for the family is….
- Hollywood Studios: Hollywood Studios is charming because it combines the idea of classic Hollywood with Disney’s best in box office and Pixar based films. From the very minute you walk through the gates up until you leave, you will feel like you are on the set of a movie or inside of a movie or show. Whether you’re strolling down Hollywood or Sunset Boulevard every moment feels showbiz worthy, including the iconic Hollywood Studios entrance sign, and the renowned Chinese Theater. Another park full of opportunities to have great photos for memories and my favorite part each time is watching The March of the Storm Troopers and Darth Vader. Literally the crowd clears the way for them and park guests are casted (invited) to participate in the march and it occurs multiple times throughout the day straight down Hollywood Boulevard towards The Chinese Theater. Top 5 Fave Attractions at Hollywood Studios?: Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, Rock N Roller Coaster, For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-A-Long Celebration, and Voyage of the Litttle Mermaid. At the time of this blog, I have not had a chance to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge but I am greatly anticipating some wild adventures there… speaking of wild adventures…
- Animal Kingdom: Animal Kingdom is part theme park, part zoo feeling but no less full of thrills and excitement. Journeying through the park entrance all the way up to The Tree of Life, you’ll feel as though you’ve been dropped into a rainforest or jungle of sorts. As you make your way through Asia, Africa, Pandora: The World of Avatar, Dinoland U.S.A., and Discovery Island much like Epcot, this park is centered on exploring, conservation of our world’s resources, and respect for creatures all over. While the African dancers are amongst my favorite joys when visiting Animal Kingdom, The Tree of Life and Rivers of Light are definite must sees for night shows when visiting the park. You can even get the kiddos involved as there are several check points through the Wilderness Explorers program throughout the park that will educate children on outdoor environments and various animal and plant life. Top 5 Fave Attractions at Hollywood Studios?: Avatar Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, Kilamanjaro Safaris, and Festival of the Lion King, and the Na’vi River Journey.
- Transportation: In addition to the Disney buses, other transportation to and from the park is available including The Minnie Van (cutest vans ever decorated like the world’s most fabulous female mouse) , water taxis available to guests at select Disney resorts, as well as water ferry, and the ever famous monorail. You definitely want to take advantage of the transportation between parks if you’re planning a multi-day multi-park stay as it is efficient and a great way to get around and save time.
- In my personal opinion you get the most bang for your buck in terms of quality and pricing for food at Epcot and Hollywood Studios although Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Swan and Dolphin Hotels have world class dining options from various renowned chefs, but I will list a few of my favorites from each park below. Don’t forget you can always bring your own snacks (small coolers are allowed) as well as backpacks but keep in mind all bags must be checked at security and time is of the essence. Throughout the parks there are various novelty snack items that are fun to try out as well as the classic Mickey ice cream bar, pretzel, popcorn (if you purchase a container you can it bring back to the park throughout your stay for refills under $4) turkey legs, as well as many other tasty treats.
- Hollywood Studios: Hollywood Brown Derby is great for a nice sit down dinner but lunch will be your most cost effective choice if you so choose. 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood and Vine (a diverse yet fresh buffet for breakfast and lunch) are going to be great choices for another option if you’re looking to get out of the heat and/or are tired and want a wholesome meal. The ABC Commissary has great options for a quick sit down meal that goes beyond a lot of the traditional kiosk or quick grab options throughout the park of a burger or chicken tenders. Fairfax Fare also is a great quick grab option.
- Epcot: Sunshine Seasons offers a variety of quick options for various tastebuds and is largely based off things that have been grown and locally sourced from the property. Most of my experience eating at Epcot has come from trying the various food offerings throughout each country based off the festival that is going on at that time, so if you’re able to plan your visit around the time of a festival, it is there that you will really get a chance to taste the best of what each country has to offer.
- Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe offers a casual sit down experience with a variety of product offerings and the restaurants inside Pandora offer flavorful yet fun offerings closely based on the movie Avatar.
- Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace also offers a beautifully designed backdrop to a diverse yet fresh buffet for lunch and breakfast that is great for meeting characters if you’re bringing your kiddos with you. Pinocchio Village Haus is great for a tasty quick bite for pizza, flatbreads, salads, pasta, and chicken tenders. Most restaurants in Magic Kingdom are geared towards quick grab and eat. Be Our Guest is still on my personal list of must see and try but I’ve heard great things about the lunch menu and once you get reservations you’re allowed to venture throughout Beast’s Castle.
Disney is known for their ability to produce some of the most beautiful and awe inspiring pyrotechnic shows, so make sure that you take advantage at any of the four parks. My favorite is Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom and what will soon be going away to be replaced by Epcot Forever is Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Honestly as long as you get a good view from any of the parks the fireworks are the best and most beautiful way to close out your day.
Character and Photo Spots
Keep your eyes peeled for characters that pop up throughout the parks that are not housed in specific buildings for meeting characters, as well as cast members that will take pictures of your magical moments for you to scan, and download to your mobile device via either a picture card given by the photographer or linked to your Magic band.
Disney is a place that will forever be special to my family and I as the Florida girl that I am, and I hope that this blog helps you share in and create some special and magical moments of your own! If you have comments, questions or even just want to share, please feel free and as always I love you guys and TRULY appreciate the support! I’d love to hear from you so drop me a note in the comments!
Hi Guys! Whew, we are already in August and that’s crazy to me because I remember when the year first started. This year has been crazy and so full of growth and amazing blessings. I’ve missed you guys so much and I cannot say this enough, thank you to all of you who decided to join me on this journey, your support means more than you know!
I literally manifested this blog among other bountiful blessings in my life and this is the perfect segue to today’s blog topic: Manifestation is Momentum. One thing I’ve really learned on my spiritual journey and in life is that as long as you keep moving and keep yourself going that you’re always going to be on the path of exactly where you need to be. You’re always on time because God and the Universe show up and align events, people, resources, knowledge, faith, confidence, clarity and peace to push you to the next level of where you need to be to accomplish your life’s purpose. Yes, you will need to rest at times and that’s nothing to feel bad about or beat yourself up about. But even in your rest periods you’re still manifesting, because there are things at work that you cannot even see and or fathom and growth that occurs in the background necessary to propel you the next level. Allow yourself to rest because much like a good workout your muscles repair themselves and you come back re-energized, rejuvenated, and refreshed ready to accomplish what’s next. This rest period is also vital because you receive so much clarity and peace in these moments that help catapult the vision that you have planned for yourself.
What does momentum look like exactly in the midst of a manifestation process? Whatever you need it to look like! Whether its writing down your plans and goals in a journal, meditation, exercise, individual practices of self care, research on how to grow your passion project or business, spending time with people who are knowledgeable in the area you wish to grow in, reading books or materials to expand your mind or worldview, putting away money in a savings account for a goal you’ve been working to reach, creating a task list and the space and time to accomplish the things you desire, etc. Whatever it takes to reach that goal that you’re trying to reach, as long as you keep at it and are taking steps (whether big or small) to get you one step closer to the finished product. Your belief in your vision is the fuel that you need to further your momentum to reach that momentum.
At times, during your pre-manifestation periods you may have to quiet yourself and go internally and seek answers from Divine Spirit. Trust that this is also apart of the process and is connected to things that were birthed in you to keep your fire lit, your spirit alive and your heart full. As the old saying goes “The same day you plant the seed is not the same day you eat the fruit”. With that in mind, don’t dig up the seed, keep the faith, maintain a sharp focus of your vision,and prepare for the beautiful bloom that will soon burst forth as a result of watering, care, and most of FAITH and PATIENCE in your process.
Are you in the middle of a manifestation process? What does it feel like? What are some lessons you’ve learned? What are you looking forward to manifesting? What beautiful things have already been birthed as a result of your process? Let me know in the comments! I love to hear from you guys!
I’ve missed you all so much! It feels like forever and a day has gone by since I last posted! I celebrated a monumental birthday recently (hey thriving 30!) and I’ve noticed ever since then and even leading up to that birthday I’ve felt a shift in my life and it’s caused me to be super intuitive. One thing I’ve noticed that has been very interesting to say the least and beneficial is the level of peace, calm, and inner balance that I’ve had. Have you recently felt a shift in your own life be it a spiritual, relational, emotional or mental shift? Here’s the thing, that’s great! It means that God and the Universe are clearing and paving the way for amazing things to come into your life. Don’t fight it, just flow with it! One of my favorite songs that puts everything into perspective for me is Toni Braxton’s Let it Flow. Your blessings and manifestations flow so easily when you learn to just relax, trust the process, and walk confidently, abundantly, and gratefully through life.
So what are some tell-tell signs you’re experiencing a shift in your life?
- You feel a sense of calm surrounding things that would normally or used to bother you. You’re at peace and you trust the trajectory of your life.
- The things you would normally associate yourself with (people, places, ideas, things, mindsets, beliefs) no longer seem to fit you or suit you and you find you’re outgrowing them or no longer aligned with it.
- You see signs, patterns, and messages for your desires and goals everywhere you go and your life and life’s relationships represent a sort of synchronicity.
- You’re a lot happier, at peace, emotionally and mentally balanced and sure of yourself. You walk with your own level of authenticity and comfort.
- You make peace with the shift, you don’t make judgements about the observations or patterns that are the result of the shift and you trust your inner voice/knowing and intuition and develop a deep sense of connection with your divine being
- You have a consistent desire to absorb and be amongst energy or in spaces wherein your new identity is being shaped, you are constantly seeking to renew yourself, and develop both your inner and outer being.You have a great sense of clarity, creativity and productivity.
- You are constantly inspired and excited about new things you learn about yourself, and are committed to investing in yourself.
The shift is sometimes a very uncertain process but welcome the uncertainty because it will have great payoff and substantial rewards.
What have been some of your experiences with the shift? Please let me know in the comments! As always I appreciate and love hearing from you and am grateful and thankful for the support!
Hey Guys! Happy 17th day of February and I hope whether you celebrated Galentines, Valentines, some other mix of the two, or skipped both and jumped right into NBA All Star weekend, that your February is off to a great start. I was thinking about how often we walk through life and people, the media, messaging, or some other source delivers to us how we are too much of something. Not too long ago, a guy I was dating told me I was a handful (I would like to add that I considered it a compliment and was glad that I was staying true to myself of having a lot to give and overflowing although I am certain that he didn’t intend for me to take that message and find the positivity in it.) But why is an excess of something considered an awesome thing except when we speak about other people?
No one complains they have too much money, food, happiness, or comfort. In fact, we as human beings are constantly striving for more in terms of the goals that we set out to complete or the lifestyle or life we envision. Why then do we allow ourselves to be compacted and shrunken by the expectations, fears, feelings, and opinions of others? Why do we attempt to take ourselves down a notch to be palatable to the world or to feel that the only way that we can fully be accepted is to show up as a lesser version of ourselves? I am here to tell you from the day you were divinely created and purposed you were supposed to show up, show out, shine and sparkle.
I personally believe that every time you shrink yourself you miss out on the chance to impact the world in the way you were created. Light, shine, and sparkle all have unique characteristics. But the one thing that they all have in common is that they stand out and lead the way, offer perspective to an otherwise dim environment, and most importantly bring JOY and SMILES and allow others that are receptive to it to feel a little warmth and specialness to each day. There is truly no more honorable or fantastic way to show up in the world other than being your most authentic and audacious self. When others see you walking in your truth, they feel free to walk in their own truth and that’s a wonderful and freeing feeling. The world doesn’t become better by you playing small.
People need big love, ideas, extraordinary and over the top personalities, loud and crazy laughs, big smiles, big hearts, people who know how to have big fun and be bold but also the humility to understand that everyone needs someone willing to RISK it all and show others that being extra is just simply being unapologetically in touch as a human being navigating this wildly crazy, but fun and meaningful ride we call life. Yes, everyone may not appreciate the luster that your sparkle is supposed to emit and the shine that you have to reach those that TRULY NEED and are BLESSED by your presence but SHINE ON! The next time you find yourself or someone/something dulling your sparkle keep in mind, Tiffany’s has been in business for almost 200 years. The brand continues to attract new customers daily and never stops improving and stays committed to the process of providing the world’s most brilliant and quality diamonds, why is your inner sparkle and shine any different? Dare to be different, blaze a trail, be your most fierce and fabulous self, the world needs your genius, brilliance, sparkle and shine.
Hi everyone! Hope that 2019 is treating you well and you’re well on your way to accomplishing the goals you’ve set for yourself. With that in mind, I wanted to talk about opportunity, more specifically the fact that you are the very opportunity you are seeking to create and manifest.
When we think about the new year or actions of creating and implementing/attaining a goal, it is usually associated with a dream or vision of the perfect opportunity that will drastically change our lives. But what if the change that we are seeking is already within us? What if that radical difference that we are looking for is something we already have that lays dormant in us ready to be activated and utilized? You are the very opportunity you are looking for and how to activate your power and walk in your purpose.
I know you’re probably wondering how you could ever have enough or be enough to be a full opportunity but that’s just it, it ALL STARTS with YOU. You have to believe that intrinsically EVERYTHING that you are is already enough to attract EACH and EVERY opportunity that you want to manifest.
Do you want an amazing relationship? Then work on recognizing that you deserve it and raise your level of expectation to only GIVE YOURSELF the BEST first and then by default you will give off an energy/vibe that tells others that you will ONLY RECEIVE THE BEST.
Looking to manifest a better career that you love? Do the work to be more than just an employee and become a valued added contributor. Put passion and love into everything you do, that soon will become your brand and one day you maybe able to parlay that into having your employer be your employee and contract/consult your skills and expertise out as you continue to expand your skill set.
Are you itching to start that jewelry, cosmetics, t-shirt, cup, or other company but unsure where to start? Wanting to write that blog or book but afraid to start? Wanting to share your story and truly change the lives of others but afraid of judgment or your past being used against you? Push those negative thoughts of fear, failure, and other people’s perceptions out of your conscious and subconscious mind and go after your purpose and destiny. It’s been put in your heart for a reason, so jump to it!
Don’t create additional obstacles to talk you out of your own success! Be your biggest fan, show up for yourself, BE OPEN to new experiences that STRETCH AND GROW YOU, and the universe/ God will reward you tenfold. Don’t ever feel like that anything you don’t have or “lost” in a physical sense won’t be replaced by something much greater than you could ever imagine. There is never an opportunity that you miss when you realize you’re a walking, talking, breathing opportunity. One of my favorite affirmations is ” I already have everything I need to get everything I want.” How powerful is that? Wake up with that kind of resolve and purpose and I promise you every opportunity will find its way to the REAL OPPORTUNITY. YOU.
I have missed you so much! I haven’t been on here in a while but I definitely haven’t forgotten and it’s been such a desire to post on here but I only want to release content that’s meaningful and purposeful because I take my subscribers and this community very seriously and each of us is blessed with a gift to share knowledge and our world with the world. How amazing is that?!? It’s been crazy busy on my end but it got me to thinking about why that is. Honestly, it’s because I’ve been extremely intentional about leveling up and changing and expanding my life to truly CREATE the life I believe I was meant to live. I feel like LEVEL UP was truly the theme for 2018 and it’s something I plan to carry with me into 2019 and the years to come. (Shout out to Ciara for the amazing inspo.)
But what does leveling up really mean and look like? It means that you’re operating in your best self and walking everyday with purpose looking to make decisions that your future self is going to thank you for and going to impact you but the greater world around you. It means you’re practicing your most optimal self care exercise, thought processes and actions, you’re learning how to prioritize what’s important to you on a financial, emotional, and spiritual level and how to align yourself with the activities that will help you meet the goals for those areas. Overall, you’re showing up as your best and brightest self because that is the only way you can truly activate your drive to pursue your wildest dreams. So what are some practical ways that anyone can truly level up?
Take care of number one first.
Be committed to learning when and what to say no to, asking for HELP and not being too prideful to get it when you KNOW you need it, and truly investing in your own mental, physical, spiritual, financial, emotional, and overall well-being. The often used phrase is you cannot pour from an empty cup is true so be sure to do those things that are going to make you feel fulfilled, recharged and whole. Whether that’s going for a walk, grabbing your favorite cup of coffee, reading a book, taking time to meditate, watching your favorite Netflix movie or show, or taking a mini vacay or stacay. Be creative, open-minded and remember that it’s ultimately about bringing you back to your equilibrium.
2. Invest and believe in yourself.
The biggest part of your leveling up journey is investing into yourself and believing that despite what the circumstances or situation may look like that that investment is going to pay off and manifest. Do the work. Plant the seed. Continue watering it. It has no other choice other than to bear fruit. Read inspirational and educational books that will not only keep you inspired but expand your worldview and keep you well-rounded. Place intentions around the energy of the people you surround yourself with and what type of energy or experiences they bring into your life. BE INTENTIONAL about how you spend your time and give your resources, gifts, talents, and skills and NEVER EVER sell yourself short. Demand every last penny of your worth because there will never be another you who does things the way you do them and if you don’t stand up and believe in your own WORTH(which by the way is priceless) then people pick up on that energy and will treat you that same way in every capacity. Travel, try out new restaurants, learn a language, truly be committed to doing something everyday that will be an investment into who you are in the long run.
3. Have unwavering confidence, determination, and poise.
The most successful people in life consistently believed they could achieve their goals and dreams, stayed determined and did it with grace, their own sense of style/brand, and fulfilled their dreams beyond their wildest imaginations. Persist until what you envision exists. Don’t let your own self-doubt or even lingering negative thoughts you’ve managed to believe or pick up stop you. Don’t let the voices, opinions or fears of others stop you. Activate your faith and just keep going! Just because someone did it one way and it was successful for them in that manner doesn’t mean it’s the ABSOLUTE only way to carve a path to your own version of success. Yes, you can take notes from successful people but the most successful people also create a niche for themselves and God always makes a way to have the audience/clients/people you’re supposed to meet find you. Work with God and manifest your own blueprint to divinely create a life that YOU and YOU only were meant to live. Be ambitious and bold and doubt doubt (yes I said to doubt your own doubts) and just go for exactly what you want. I am a STRONG BELIEVER in the law of attraction and manifestation so just keep putting the good you want out there and it will come back to you ten fold.
4. Keep your eyes on the prize.
It’s very easy when all these things in today’s world are calling out for our attention to take our eyes off the focus of our short term goals and action steps, that help propel us to our long term goal. However, it’s extremely important to stay focused. Sit down and give yourself some time to really plot out a plan of what you want to do and the steps that are going to help you get there. STAY ORGANIZED. Whether it’s a planner, a vision board, reminders of tasks on your phone, anything that will help jog your memory of what’s important to you and what you want to achieve. Keep track of the progress you’re making and look at your level of productivity overall. Ask yourself the honest question of “Is this really getting me closer or taking me farther away from what I actually want to achieve or who I want to be when I envision my life?” Be honest with yourself and figure out what it will take to do that. Journal, write down your ideas, keep a pad or notebook handy because your best and brightest ideas always come in the most strange, inconvenient and sometimes odd places (speaking from personal experience). Most importantly be open to the journey, whether it’s getting your business to where you want it to be, building your brand, stepping out your comfort zone and trying new things, manifesting love, growing in your spiritual walk, or overall just becoming a better person, keep that vision at the front of your mind because that will keep you going when things get crazy and keep you pressing towards the goal.
I’m so excited for my own level up journey and I would love to hear from you guys! What are some things you’re working on? How has your level up journey been going? Have you started? What things do you think stop you from moving forward in the way you want? What actions are you taking to keep you pushing forward, motivated and closer to your goal? Let me know in the comments, I love to hear from you guys! And most importantly remember to keep on leveling up and being Fearfully Fashioned and Wonderfully Made!
I’ve missed you all so much! How’s your summer? It’s been an extremely warm summer here in Floria and I cannot lie…. I LOVE IT! I got the awesome opportunity to go and visit loved ones and friends this summer in Boston and it was absolutely amazing! I had so much and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to have an underground tour guide (lol) but seriously I had the best time and saw so many amazing sights! It’s only right because I feel like this is my extended family that I absolutely want to share!
Peep my adventures below!
I literally had so many great and memorable experiences and so much amazing food while I was in Boston and I would definitely anticipate returning soon for even more! Have you all been to Boston? What are some of your favorite sights/places/food? What did you enjoy most? Let me know in the comments, I would love to hear from you!
The month of June was literally here and then gone and here we are in July! Crazy right?!?! I am a June baby so a lot of my birth month was spent celebrating. I missed you guys sooo much so I decided to share my most recent foodie experience from my birthday which was Todd English’s Blue Zoo. I loved the ambience, the service, the selection of choices from the menu and overall the experience. It’s great for everyday dining when you really want some quality seafood or a special occasion/night on the town. It is tucked nicely inside the Walt Disney World Resort in the Dolphin Hotel. Here are some highlights from my experience:
Pictured above is my smoking watermelon sangria. It was absolutely yummy!
It’s definitely worth a try if you’re in the Orlando area.
What are some of your favorite seafood spots in your city or state? Leave me a comment below! I love hearing from you guys!
Happy Sunday! I hope you’re excited for the start of an amazing week! I got the awesome opportunity to visit one of Jacksonville’s newest jewels in the area, River and Post. Can I just say I definitely am adding it to my list of fave restaurants! It’s an amazing Riverside/ 5 Points area spot to pop into, enjoy some great food, surrounded by very chic and modern accommodations, excellent service, a beautiful salt water aquarium with a diverse ecosystem and live coral and sea anemone, and a stunning rooftop view. ( I didn’t go upstairs this visit, but plan to on my next visit as it was raining) I was pleasantly pleased and if you’ve been following my blog or just new here (welcome and thank you so much for your support!) you know I am a HUGE FOODIE and ambience and experience are EVERYTHING TO ME. But let’s just jump right into my dining experience today!
These delicious blue crab beignets with kernels of corn inside (yum) and just the right amount of spice and seasoning to really give your tastebuds some bite! The sriracha citrus crema dip is amazing and brings all the flavors together!
I also had a glass of Gazela Vino Verde that paired well with the entire meal, especially the blue crab beignets! (pictured above)
Let me reiterate that the service was amazing! My entree and appetizer came out mere minutes a part and even though it wasn’t an inconvenience my amazing server Jessica, kept my entree warm for me while I finished the beignets!
The platter included mahi mahi ( I believe the fish is based off the day’s catch), sea scallops, shrimp, market veggies (very flavorful and fresh) and some of the best mashed potatoes (very well seasoned and creamy) that I’ve had in a very long time!
The aquarium was simply beautiful and I had the amazing opportunity to speak with the curator Barry who I was really thankful took time with me and shared some amazing information regarding the marine life in the tank, the ecosystem and some other really cool facts (ask for him if you go, he’s amazing!)
Overall it was an amazing experience and I am sure i will be making several return trips! If you’re in the Jacksonville area, definitely do yourself a favor and check them out!
What are some of your favorite seafood places? Any cool or wonderful restaurants that really stand out in your area? Leave me a comment in the comments section below, I always love to hear from you guys!