I am so grateful for this blogging journey. This month marks my 1 year anniversary since embarking on what has been a beautiful experience. With that in mind, I am looking forward to all that 2018 will bring and the amazing things I will be a part of. I want to say thank you to each person that has followed my journey thus far and welcome to those who will join me this year. I am really looking forward to 2018. Why you ask? 2017 was hard and stretched me in every way possible. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. Just the whole 9. There were so many moments where I was just ready to give up on it all. I was exhausted, burnt out, and was consistently looking at God like ” Okay what gives? What lesson/s am I supposed to be learning from all these things happening and seemingly happening all at once?” I wasn’t sure what to expect for 2018 but I was holding steadfast to my faith but I now know looking back with hindsight it was God’s grace and love that brought me through. Some of my darkest days, my hardest, saddest, unbearable times riddled with nights of anxiety, insomnia, and days battling depression and not knowing or quite understanding why a lot of my days felt like a longer remake of Ground Hog’s Day.
I knew God was doing something in me and hadn’t left me but I just couldn’t make sense of it all.
Then it hit me The Holy Spirit tapped me on my shoulder and was like ” Hey you’re carrying on a lot of things I never meant for you to carry, and definitely not on your own” I knew God kept giving me fresh breath in my lungs DAILY because someone somewhere needed what I had to offer. I had a purpose that I hadn’t yet realized. Someone somewhere needed the new strength that I’d grown through a very tumultuous year. And I couldn’t give up on myself or my dreams and heart’s desires because they hadn’t materialized yet or be taken under by the cares of this life and neither can you.
So I am here to share and encourage you to let go in 2018 anything that keeps you from becoming your best self. I’m definitely into numerology and I realized that 2017 (the number 7) was the number of completion and God unbeknownst to me at the time was completing a lot of things in me through a very interesting molding process. On the flip side of that 2018 (the number 8) is a year of new beginnings. Beginnings cannot truly begin without letting go of something and certain things having a proper ending or closure.
Here are some of the things I am letting go of in 2018:
- I am letting go of the idea of letting go. No matter what I face I will remain a resilient woman committed to moving ahead and keeping my faith and the hope that that produces close to my heart.
- I am letting go of regrets. I spent a lot of time in 2017 being unnecessarily critical of myself for all the things that I wasn’t instead of celebrating everything that I was becoming and all that I already was.
- I am letting go of the weight of fear, anxiety, depression and the pain associated with such and embracing the abundant life that I know God has prepared for me and has given me full access to.
- I am letting go of overthinking and analyzing and trying to control every outcome and allowing all the good God has in store for me to just naturally flow to me.
- I am letting go of unhealthy expectations, thought patterns, and beliefs.
- I am letting go of people, places, and energies that I have outgrown realizing that as I approach life with a hands open mentality I will be able to receive and give all that is intended for me to give and receive.
- I am letting go of disappointments and understanding that they are all a part of God’s divine direction and plan.
- I am letting go of anything that keeps me from being the complete and whole woman that God intended for me to be from the point of my creation.
- I am completely letting go and allowing myself to be free and to walk in that freedom.
- I am letting go of diminishing actions, words, and beliefs and celebrating all that is amazing about me and the life I’ve been gifted.
- I am letting go of replaying past pains and hurts and staying stuck because I allow those things to keep me glued to a moment or instance or incident.
- I am letting go of defining myself with any measuring stick that does not align with God’s Word and truth about me being fearfully and wonderfully made.
- I am letting go of my life and putting it back in God’s hands, the true masterpiece curator.
I pray that this inspires you to keep going and to never give up on yourself because there are such amazing plans in store for you! I want to encourage you today that when you let go of the version of your life you struggle and strive to make fit you give God free access to make and mold your life into the masterpiece he planned it to be long ago!
What are some things you are letting go of? I would love to hear from you!